Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Abe ate by himself

Exciting day. My California son and grandson are here for the week.

At lunch, Abe ate his food (pureed) - some of it - all by himself. He was more alert than I've seen him in awhile.

Notice of an Alzheimer's Anthology I have a poem in just came out. The actual tome should be on the stands in March '09.

Two Seattle readings are already planned. I hope some of you will be able to make it.

May 2 Elliot Bay Books 7:30 pm (time still needs to be confirmed)
May 3 Frye Art Museum 2 pm - I'll be reading here


Beyond Forgetting: Poetry and Prose about Alzheimer's Disease
Edited by Holly J. Hughes

Literature and Medicine Series
2009, 276 pp
ISBN 978-1-60635-007-2

A literary collection that illumines the darkness of Alzheimer's disease

read more of Witnessing Alzheimer's at seattlepi.com

No comments: